Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shitty Tuesday

Perry has had a couple of hard days with the eating and diarrhea.
I woke up this morning to a liquidy mess on the kitchen floor.
Last night he wouldn't eat until I started hand feeding him.
I am so depressed.
The highs and lows are really killing me.
We have changed his diarrhea medication a few times, and nothing seems to be working. We have never gained control of it, we may never.

I called the oncologist, he said that friday's chemo treatment will be a super strong one. Very aggressive drugs, the most aggressive so far. If there is no improvement after this next treatment, Scott and I have decided to stop the chemo. I am not convinced that it is doing anything at all at this point. I will still keep my fingers crossed for fridays treatment, but I am afraid that it may be his last.

All this sounds so bad, and it is, especially since Perry is still not acting like a sick dog. This is what kills us. He just looks skinny, won't eat, and has no stool to speak of, only brown watery diarrhea.

I wish I had something positive to say. Sorry for the bad news.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh naners! i'm so sorry to hear this. i will also keep my fingers crossed for friday. you are doing everything you can. i love you!

Kathy said...

Wow, so sorry Nance. I have no words. I hope Perry is feeling alright through all of the pooing.. I am sorry about your highs and lows. As I said, no words. (Just hugs.)

Love,
kathy