Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lymphoma

Perry's tests came back 'no question' intestinal (GI) lymphoma.

The prognosis for this type of lymphoma is 2 weeks to 3 months if left untreated after diagnosis, using prednisone therapy. It sounds like a treatment, but it isn't.

Another road we can take would be chemotherapy. Hopefully pushing his lymphoma into remission. We are seriously considering this route, although there are no guarantees.

I have just spent over 1/2 hour writing these short sentences and erasing and writing again. I started to debate here all by myself, and to see the words in print here makes me erase it. I cannot explain why we are considering chemotherapy at the moment, but we will be consulting an oncologist hopefully tomorrow and I will have more answers.

I just want Perry to be as comfortable as he can be.

No comments: