Friday, May 18, 2007

Pearl Bracelet

The bracelet on...

The total mess I made making it.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Embellished Matchbox

This coffin is made from a rectangular matchbox.
I covered it with black textured matboard paper (stripped off of a mat scrap). The flowers are also stripped matboard coiled into flowers, and cut out leaves.
The handles of the coffin are made from aluminum wire.

I found the head from a small toy, and x'ed out the eyes, for a comic effect.

I made this for a challenge on the forum, it is not due until May 15th, but I just couldn't resist posting it here.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stacking Rings

I made these simple stacking rings for Julie.
She saw one I made for myself and wanted 5 of them. I only had enough of the correct size stock to make 4 so that is what she is getting.

These were pretty easy to make, but if I had the proper soldering set up they would have been a lot easier. I really need to get a hose and needle tip for my propane torch. The butane torch really doesn't get hot enough for a good solder.

I also tested the size by trying on a ring of hers and comparing fingers. That isn't the preferred way of sizing, so I hope they fit.

Here they are in action on my old wrinkly finger.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weathered Metal Technique

I used nashua foil tape. Cut pieces of tape crumbled up, then straightened out and taped in place. The first picture I used a waterbased extending medium with acrylic paints. The second picture I used Matte varnish to extend the acrylic paint. The second one has only one layer of paint so far.