Thursday, October 11, 2007

Marsha and her thyroids

I was supposed to be heading to Mississippi in just over 5 hours.
My flight was at 6am.

Needless to say, I had to cancel my flight. With Perry being so sick, and Scott and I not knowing exactly how we will treat or maintain his terminal illness until we speak to an oncologist, I had to postpone my trip.

I feel horrible, but I had to choose what's best for my family, and this was it.

Marsha postponed her operation until October 19th, she is having her overgrown thyroids out. I know that ultimately this will make her feel better, but the fact that she has no solid help really leaves me feeling shitty. I really wanted to help with the kids, the cooking, the yelling...etc. I love her kids, they are great monsters.

This leaves me feeling a bit empty as I sit here with my sick dog and try to make sense of all this crappy timing. People say that things happen for a reason, but right now I wonder what could be a good reason for all this bad timing?

No comments: