Sunday, November 04, 2007

WIB open house

Today was the Women In Business Open House at the Elks club in Norwood.
We didn't have a very good turn out, but I managed to do okay. Actually I did quite well considering I didn't expect to sell anything. I sold two necklaces, two bracelets and two pairs of earrings. I consider that a success. I also gave out a lot of cards and spoke to a lot of people who were interested in my stuff.
One woman I met runs a walking house tour in Norwood every year around christmas time, she asked me if I would be willing to give her some jewelry items for her to sell at the end of the tour. Last year their were over 140 people, this year she expects 150-200 people. I am totally IN. She relies on ticket sales, so she wants no compensation for selling my (or anyone elses) stuff. How could I turn this down? I can't. I think the walk/sale is on December 8th this year. I have to re-check that date, but I figure I have about 1 month to get my shit together for it.

No comments: