Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trader Joe's

I just recently re-discovered Trader Joe's.
Well, I never really discovered Trader Joe's, but have shopped there a few times over the years, but their markets are too far out of my way to be a regular stop.
Not anymore.
Thanks to my new job in Needham, I get to drive by a Trader Joe's 4 days a week.

I am very pleased so far with the quick meal solutions I have found there.
Tonight we had tamales for dinner from the frozen section. They were great!
A few days ago we tried the marinated Mahi-mahi, delicious.

Today, we also tried an Irish Cheddar with porter. Very daunting looking cheese, but fantastic.

So many different cheeses to try, I think I'll get a new one every week.

Ok, so not only does Trader Joe's have easy, interesting, good for you foods, but they are also inexpensive. Tonights meal of tamales and black beans totaled approximately $5.20...for the two of us! That's half the price of any fast food, and way better!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

isn't Trader Joe's awesome? I need to shop there more often. I also think I need to try that cheese! :)

nancyrosetta said...

Yes, and absolutely!

The Trader Joe's on my way is kind of a mini one. They don't have all the great stuff the bigger ones do, but I'll still take it.

We should go to the good one soon!

Amy said...

Trader Joes! I love it there. Alas, here in Boondocks, PA, the nearest one is in Philadelphia or to the South near Washington DC. When we do go, we make it worth our while.

If you like dark chocolate, try one of theirs, it's woonderful!

Kathy said...

The tamales art great. I have sworn off the cheese and green chile ones though. They are really high in fat. But they are SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD

m3rma1d said...

I friggen wish Maine had T.J.'s

:(

bew. hew.



P.S.-You gotta new job?