Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bezel Class

I went to my first class tonight even tho I probably should have stayed home. I really didn't want to miss the first class, but I was so sick and avoiding people that I most likely came across even more anti-social than I usually am. I hope I don't hear that anyone else got sick next week! eek!

This first class focused on correct measurements using pi...I can now calculate a length of bezel wire needed, instead of just eyeballing it. That alone is worth the price of admission. We got as far as forming the bezel wire, annealing it, and soldering it closed until we ran out of time. One thing I liked about this class is that we were given the information, and had to figure things out on our own. I actually had to get my cell phone out to use the calculator in it. I also realized that I need better files, a digital caliper, and a two scribe thingy that I can't remember what it's called.

So, even though I have nothing much to show for the first class, I did come away with some new knowledge that I am sure will be beneficial in bezel setting odd shapes.

No comments: