Sunday, June 29, 2008

A very successful BH Marketplace!


What a great time! I admit I was a bit nervous, but after the first 10 minutes of unloading the car, parking and starting to set up, things started to flow and I eventually calmed down. Thanks to my peeps for dealing with me. I love you all!

I was not imagining such an urban setting, "union square" screamed grass and big park to me (not ever seeing it before), that was not the case at all. It was such a downtownie feel. The regular pedestrian traffic even before the show started, was thick. It was very exciting, exhilarating even!

The afternoon started out with some wind, but it settled down enough for us to set up comfortably with no problems, and eventually the humidity took way to very cool temps. I wished that I had brought a sweater...there were so many things that I could have brought or done differently. I will take all the newfound knowledge and squirrel it away for the next big show.

My rings were definitely the big seller, in fact, I couldn't keep the ring display in order. Every time I fixed it up, someone came along and tried every ring on. It was a happy mess.

Earrings faired a bit better, but they were still not safe from the masses. People were taking them off the displays to hold them to their ears and not putting them back right. I know...I didn't expect them to. I sold the most earrings in one show there. A new record!

My Mom, Me and Suzanne, courtesy of my sister Kathy.

Kathy, Me and Suzanne, also courtesy of Kathy by way of Mom taking the photo.
Kathy got some great shots of all the exhibitors, you can view her picks on her flickr page. Thanks Kathy!


During lulls in the show were the only opportunities that I had to get out there and take some photos...here is one with a few people enjoying James Christensen


The Grown Up Noise
also rocked the square, but I don't have a pic of them. Really cool band tho. I was happy. Everyone was happy. Great times!
Kathy really captured some great photos of all the exhibitors wares and also some great crowd shots. Please check out her photos!

City shows rock! Thats all I can say. I really appreciate being a part of this great conglomeration, and I can't wait for the next one! Go BH!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYY I'm so glad you did good!!! Way to go you!!
Love, Nita

Suzanne said...

that was a lot of fun! despite the chilly weather! :)

Beading Help Web Editorial Team said...

Congrats Nancy! It (and you!) look fabulous!!!!

I'm so glad the weather held for you. You're ready to tackle the world now!!!

Lynn

Jenn O'Neil said...

Nancy this is great!! I'm so glad you did so well. I hope to run into you soon! Do you have anything new at the frame shop?

Unknown said...

groovy post - that was a fun day!! cool!!