Sunday, July 22, 2007

Two Unfinished Pendants

I have been in a sort of creative funk recently. I suppose it could be the fact that all I have been selling is headpins and noserings. I am up to my ears in headpins right now, and the noserings keep selling even tho I upped the price.

I am happy to sell these items, don't get me wrong, but I am not a headpin machine. I have other talents, or so I thought.

Anyway, I plan to finish these pendants tomorrow, and get good pics of them on chains in the sunlight.
I photographed these in my extremely dark home with a couple of lights, I think they came out okay, but I can do better. They are not completely sanded, filed and polished yet.


A carnelian cab and a turquoise cab.

The carnelian is approximately 15mm and has an oval hammered ring for the bail, the turquoise is approximately 12mm and has a round hammered ring for the bail. They both have a very organic feel to them, as I am still new to bezel settings, but I think they look okay. I need to smooth them out a bit and polish them still.



Here is a shot of the backs.
I have delusions of signing the backs, but I know that they are just delusions. I wish I had a stamp.


I also made 10 noserings today. I got a special order from a girl that already bought one from me. She wanted two more in graduated ball sizes.
I am the nosering/headpin queen!
Ghaaaa!

4 comments:

ami said...

I love the pendants! i love the organic look of them.
Oh and the carnelian earrings too!

nancyrosetta said...

Thanks so much Ami!

Groovy said...

These pendants are totally my style. I love them!!!

tworabbitshow said...

I love how you set the bail on them. Very clean and modern. Nice!