Monday, September 08, 2008

Katrina Majkut and the Boston Skyline

There is a whimsical installation by artist Katrina Majkut on the base of a sloping hill at Larz Anderson Park in Brookline.
The installation is on site for the month of August, but since I took this picture on September 7th, it is still up...for now.

We drove by this on Saturday, and came back for a closer look on Sunday. To me, it made a statement of youth and careless fun. The pinwheels are made from recycled 2 liter plastic bottles, wire hangers, and wine corks. I found it quite lovely.

While we were there walking the grounds, I had to get a shot of the Boston skyline, so we trekked up the hill, turned around, and voila!

Close up...

What a beautiful country we live in!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

you took some great pictures that day- i am glad i was along for the ride (or should I say walk?)

Unknown said...

It's totally cool and it also is reminiscent of YOUR logo/text treatment!

Anonymous said...

"Oh, Gosh!"

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

I like your photos. The art installation looks very cool