Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Vet Appointment


Rusty's first vet appointment (since he has been with us) went very well. He likes Dr. Thorne, she gives him cheese.
I was a little nervous at first because there were other dogs in the waiting area and Rusty was extremely vocal and showing his strength. I took him outside until the dogs were mostly gone, and he calmed down a bit, frogged out on the floor, and just whined. When we got into the examination room, I took him off leash and he let Dr. Thorne examine him (sort of) after she fed him cheese and he slobbered all over her hands.

So now he is on Frontline, and Heartworm medication finally. He will have some other shots in January when his rabies is due.

I hope Friday goes as well as today did. We have a trainer coming over, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad things went well with Dr. Thorne - I love her!

Good luck with the training on Friday - I am anxious to hear how that goes too. :)