Saturday, March 31, 2007

Flower necklace progress

Today we got tube and flush setting demontrations.
I made two more flowers both a bit smaller than the center flower. I also cut the tube for the cubic zirconias. Red in the center and clear on the sides. I will have to wait until next saturday to set them, as I still have to drill out the inside for the stone to sit. I also still have to file out a base in the center of the flowers and solder the tubes in place.
The flowers have been hammered flatter at the bend, still round at the center.
I don't know how far up the sides I will take the rings, I may just use 4 like the picture and use leather cord or a smaller chain for the rest.
I don't know...tune in next week and find out.




Here is a different angle (to view the tubes) and different set up. I had taken this picture at school.

1 comment:

Kathy Weller said...

looks awesome