Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Even though I am sick and hacking up every disgusting color of mucus imaginable, I managed to have a sweet Christmas.

We went to Kathy and Matt's house for Christmas Eve.
They put out an Italian buffet feast consisting of various cured meats, cheeses, olives, squid, bread, anchovies, meatballs, sausages, gnocchi, and a host of other delicious condiments and lots of wine.

Christmas day (today) we went to Jeff and Denise's house for turkey, ham, and the regular accompaniments. This was nice, but there were so many kids around yelling and screaming and jumping off the walls, we had to cut it short. I really didn't feel very good today. This plague that I have has been lingering to the point where I don't know if I will ever be rid of it.

Scott and I both got some really great gifts. Yay for gifts.

I have to gush on just a few. I got a dapping block and die set, a punch set, and 1/8" letter stamps with numbers, a file set, and a hand metal punch tool with different size punches, a gift certificate to Lady Grace where they will measure me for a custom brazier (scary, but exciting), a crock pot and recipe book, two pairs of jammies, a sweet little green sequined zipper pouch, the latest Dresden Dolls cd, the first Gorillaz cd, a holder for my ipod, a really cool book on metalsmithing from Carles Codina, and a pair of the pinkest, fluffiest, coziest, cushiest, slipper socks I have ever had the pleasure of putting on my tired dogs.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: