Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tree with Moon and Stars

Last week I brought some unfinished pieces to the Gallery to show Julie. I basically just wanted to see what she thought of the direction I was going and if I should stay on that path...or not. I showed her 7 or 8 pendants/brooches, only 2 of which were almost finished. The rest didn't even have anyplace from where to hang or dangle yet. As we were looking, inspecting and marveling (to my amusement)a customer came in to place an order. She was an artist. She brought in a painting of her daughters dance teacher that she drew to be framed. It was really nice, a ballerina posed in mid dance on one leg. As Julie was finishing up the paperwork for the order, she encouraged me to show the client my new designs.

She bought this piece even before it was finished. It's finished now.

Copper riveted to sterling silver with many, many different sized sterling silver rivets and a few copper rivets (that you can't see).

1 comment:

Ann Gorbett said...

Very cool Nancy. I'm riveted! Congrats on the sale.