Wednesday, July 30, 2008

P-Love

We had a small ceremony for P-Love on Friday, July 25th just before twilight.

Scott and I let Perry's ashes fly out of the bag together, assuring his ashes how much we love him and miss him. They formed a long line from the water to the shore in a diagonal spray as the wind was coming off the water. I think Perry was watching from the rainbow bridge.

Young Perry at the Island, summer of 2000 or 2001.


Jape built a small fire and Scott doused it with charcoal fluid, then I tried to light it while Suzanne held my beer. It took a piece of Raven's towel to get the fire started, it was so windy. We burned the box Perry had been stored in for the last 8 1/2 months and stared at it until it was ashes, mostly in silence.

The next morning all that was left was a stain on the rock that the fire was on. Perry was brought into the ocean by the tide.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It was a beautiful ceremony and I was so so glad I was able to be a part of it.

Perry will always be in my heart :)

Holly said...

what a wonderful send off. Perry was so lucky to have you.